- Over 18 years of age
- Must complete Grade 12 or Grade 12 Equivalent
- Must hold current Standard First Aid and CPR (Level “C”) Certification
- Uncorrected visual acuity of 20/60 in both eyes or better, OR 20/40 in one eye and 20/100 in the other eye or better
- No marked degree of colour blindness
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency Status. Applicants with Temporary Work Permits will not be accepted.
- Able to pass written, medical and physical examinations
- Have a good command of English, both written and oral
- Be in possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License
- Driving Record: obtained from Sask. Auto (outside of Saskatchewan, from appropriate auto insurer)
- Education Transcript(s): Grade 12 marks and any educational certification beyond this level
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level “C” Certificates
- If not born in Canada, Citizenship Papers or proof of legal entitlement to work in Canada
- Vision Examination Form (Adobe PDF File)
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- No criminal record and be free from criminal involvement in three (3) preceding years, e.g. thefts, illegal drugs. Recent drug use and/or other criminal activity, either detected or undetected by police, will result in default.
- No criminal convictions for which a Pardon has not been granted (a copy of the Pardon is required). No Criminal charges pending before the courts.
- Applicant must agree to submit to a polygraph examination.
- Applicants whose visual acuity has been corrected by laser eye surgery will not be considered until three months after the date of surgery.
- Applicants with at least two years post-secondary education and/or extended period of work experience with increasing performance responsibilities will be given prior consideration.
- Good physical condition
- A history of volunteerism and community and cultural involvement are preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and computer skills.
- Excellent health and no medical conditions.
- Good driving record.
- If charged and convicted of a criminal offence as an adult (18 years of age or older) a Pardon must be received through the National Parole Board prior to applying.