A 22 year-old Regina male is facing numerous charges in connection with recent incidents involving a vehicle stolen on February 28, 2017.
On February 28, 2017, at about 3:05 p.m., police received a report of a stolen blue Hyundai, taken from the 700 block Garnet Street. The vehicle’s owner had left it running with the keys inside. It’s alleged the suspect, operating the vehicle, was involved in an evade, an incident of dangerous driving and a hit and run collision between March 10-11, 2017. On March 11, 2017, the vehicle was seen by officers on routine duty. It was followed discreetly to a business in the 1300 block of Broadway Avenue and when the driver was out of the vehicle, police made an arrest, without incident. Investigation into the theft of the vehicle and the activities of the suspect led to numerous charges against the suspect.
Twenty-two year-old David Terrance DINARDO, DOB: 1994-07-06, of Regina, is charged with:
– Evade Police, s. 249.1(1) CC;
– Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle, s. 249(1)(a) CC;
– Theft of Motor Vehicle, s. 333.1(1) CC;
– Possession of Property Obtained by Crime over $5,000, s. 355(a) CC;
– Fail to Stop at Scene of Accident, s. 252(1.1) CC; and
– 4 x Breach of Undertaking, s. 145(3) CC.
DINARDO made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, March 13, 2017.