A 32 year-old Regina male is facing numerous firearms-related charges after a search warrant was executed on a Regina apartment residence on the evening of March 13th. Some of the firearms seized have been linked to a February 26th Break and Enter and Theft from a business in the 1800 block of Park Street.
Continued investigation into this Break, Enter and Theft led police to obtain a search warrant for a residence in the 300 block of Cornwall Street. The search warrant was executed by plain clothes and uniformed members in the early evening hours of Monday, March 13, 2017. There was no one found in the residence, but police seized ammunition and four firearms, verifying that three of them had come from the February 26th Break, Enter and Theft on Park Street. At the same time, a second team of officers, who were in search of the resident of the premises on the search warrant, located the 32 year-old male on the 2900 block of Dewdney Avenue. The male was arrested without incident and subsequently charged in connection to the discovery of the firearms.
Thirty-two year-old Michael Francis MAYER, DOB: 1984-07-02, of Regina is charged with:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5,000, s. 355(b) CC;
- Breach of Undertaking, s. 145(3) CC;
- 5 x Careless Use of a Firearm, Prohibited Device or Ammunition, s. 86(1) CC;
- 4 x Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm, s. 91(1) CC;
- 3 x Possession of a Firearm, Prohibited or Restricted Weapon Obtained by Crime, s. 96(1) CC;
- Possession of a Weapon Dangerous to Public Peace, s. 88 CC.
The accused made his first court appearance on these charges in provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, March 14, 2017. Investigation into this matter is ongoing.