A Regina man has been charged with five charges after a stolen auto was located on December 24th.
The incident occurred on Saturday, December 24, 2016, at approximately 11:14 p.m. when a canine officer observed a previously reported stolen vehicle on the 1100 block of Rae Street. The officer observed a male suspect exit the vehicle and ordered him to stop, however the male ran. The PSD (Police Service Dog) was deployed and apprehended the suspect. The male suspect was transported to the hospital for treatment of injuries, described as relatively minor, and then released into police custody.
Thirty year-old Vaughan Wilbert SMOKER (DOB: 1986/04/23) of Regina, was charged with:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000 [Sec 355(A), CC];
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000 [Sec 355(B), CC];
- Obstruct a Peace Officer [Sec 129(A), CC];
- Resist Arrest [Sec 129(A), CC];
- Fail to Comply with Undertaking [Sec 145(3), CC].
SMOKER made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court on Wednesday, December 28, 2016, at 9:30 a.m.