Charges have been laid in connection to an armed bank robbery that occurred on November 17, 2015, which was the subject of a previous media release. An armed male suspect entered a financial institution on the 5800 block of Rochdale Boulevard, entered the bank, and demanded cash. The male left with an undisclosed amount of cash in a black duffel bag.
Investigation led to a 26 year-old Regina male, who was arrested and charged on December 10th, 2015.
Twenty-six year-old Evan James BLIGHT (DOB:1989/05/02), of Regina, is charged with:
- Robbery with Weapon [343(d) CC]
- Disguise with Intent to Commit Indictable Offence [351(2) CC]
- Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC]
- Point Firearm [87(1) CC]
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose [88(1) CC]
- Carry Concealed Weapon [90(1) CC]
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Firearm [91(2) CC]
- Tampering with Serial Number [108(1)(b) CC]
BLIGHT makes his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court on December 11th, 2015, at 9:30 a.m.