Two males are facing drug charges after an investigation and search by police on Saturday, December 5, 2015.
At approximately 3:25 a.m. on Saturday, December 5, 2015, canine members came across a stolen vehicle in the 3200 block of Montague Street. The officer called for assistance and once there, confronted the four occupants of the vehicle. A search of the vehicle and occupants led to the discovery of a sizeable quantity of Cocaine, cash and a scale. Two suspects were arrested without incident and subsequently charged.
Twenty-two-year-old Dustin Edward SMAGATA, DOB: 1993-10-24, of Saskatoon, is charged with:
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking [Sec 5(2), CDSA],
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime [Sec 355(B), CC],
- Fail to Comply with Undertaking [Sec 145(3), CC],
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance [Sec 145(3), CC].
Twenty-one-year-old Emmanuel Charles JACOBS, DOB: 1994-06-21, of Regina, is charged with:
- Fail to Comply with Undertaking [Sec 145(3), CC].
Both SMAGATA and JACOBS made their first appearances on these charges in Provincial Court this morning, December 7th, 2015 at 9:30 a.m.
This incident is still under investigation and further charges may be pending.