On December 29, 2015, at approximately 2000 hours, Regina Police Service officers were looking for a male who they wanted to arrest on previous files. The male was located driving a green truck. A traffic stop on the truck was attempted but the truck did not stop and officers let the truck go.
A short time later the truck was located abandoned. A Police Canine unit started a track for the male. The male was located in the area of Vernon Crescent and apprehended by the Canine. The male was transported to hospital as a result of the canine apprehension.
Twenty-five year-old Derek Ryan WOLFE (DOB: 1990/10/15) of Regina, is charged with:
– Flight while Pursued by Peace Officer [Sec 249.1(1), CC],
– Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle [Sec 249(1)(A), CC],
– Possession of a Scheduled Substance (Methamphetamine) [Sec 4(1), CDSA],
– Carrying Concealed Weapon [Sec 90, CC]
– Three charges of Fail to Comply with Undertaking [Sec 145(3), CC],
Wolfe will make his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court today (Wednesday, December 30, 2015) at 2:00 p.m.