A 33 year-old male and a 32 year-old female, both of Regina, are facing drug and numerous weapons charges as the result of execution of a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) search warrant yesterday (Thursday, November 12th, 2015).
As the result of investigation into a break and enter stemming from November 9th, 2015 in the City of Regina, members of the Regina Street Crimes Unit obtained a CDSA search warrant for a residence in the 1500 block of Regent Street. With the help of Patrol, Investigative Response Unit, Regina Integrated Drug Enforcement Street Team and Special Weapon And Tactics members, the warrant was executed in the evening of Thursday November 12th, 2015. One person was located inside the residence. The second attended to the surrounding area. Both were arrested.
The following were seized in the search:
- A Norinco .308 calibre rifle;
- A Lithgo .303 calibre rifle;
- A Tikkakoski 30-06 rifle;
- .303 calibre ammunition and magazine;
- Miscellaneous caliber ammunition; and
- Other property
The two individuals arrested were subsequently charged.
Thirty-three year-old Ryan James ANDERSEN, DOB: 1982-01-31, of Regina, is facing a total of nine charges:
- Two charges of Possession of Weapon Obtained by Crime, section 96(1)(a) CC;
- Three charges of Unauthorized possession of Firearm, section 91(1) CC;
- Three charges of Unsafe Storage of Firearm, section 86(1) CC; and
- Unsafe Storage of Ammunition, section 86(1) CC.
Thirty-two year old Heather ADAIR, DOB: 1983-09-01, of Regina, is facing a total of one charge:
- Possession of Methamphetamine, section 4(1) CDSA.
Both ANDERSEN and ADAIR will make their first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, November 13th, 2015.