Police are currently onscene at the SaskPower Head Office at 2025 Victoria Avenue. Here is what we know of the situation:
– Police contacted SaskPower just after 7:30 a.m. September 10th (today) after a telephone call threat was received indicating a potential threat to the Head Office building at 2025 Victoria Avenue.
– Officers attended to investigate and assess any potential threat. That investigation is ongoing;
– SaskPower made a decision to evacuate staff initially, until more was known;
– At approximately 9:00 a.m. a decision was made to permit SaskPower employees back into the workplace. If anything unusual is noted, the risk assessment and subsequent direction may change;
– There is no evidence of imminent harm, but investigation is continuing by police with the assistance and co-operation of SaskPower management and staff.
Anyone who has information to assist is asked to contact the Regina Police Service at 306-777-6500 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.