The Regina Police Service wishes to advise the media and the public of an event tomorrow – Saturday, June 20th – which may affect vehicle traffic flow on Albert Street, College Avenue, Broad Street and Victoria Avenue.
The Police Service is providing traffic support for the Queen City Pride Parade. The parade is expected to involve over 50 groups, making it the largest Pride Parade in Regina to date. Staging starts at 10:30 a.m. on 13th Avenue. The parade route is as follows:
- Starting at 12:00 noon on Victoria Ave (and Scarth Street), going East towards Broad Street;
- South on Broad Street to College Avenue;
- West on College Avenue to Albert Street;
- North on Albert Street to Victoria Avenue;
- East on Victoria Avenue and ending in Victoria Park for the rest of the events at approximately 1:00 p.m..
None of the above-mentioned streets will be closed entirely to vehicles, however, traffic will be restricted to single-lane as the parade travels in one of the driving lanes. For a map of the parade, see page 37 of the Pride Guide: http://issuu.com/queencitypride/docs/2015_pride_guide_gold_web/37?e=17045950/13210826
The Regina Police Service would like to remind motorists to be aware of this event and to choose an alternate route if possible. Motorists who are travelling on these streets, between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., are asked to follow the instructions of police officers directing traffic flow. Please be patient and keep in mind the safety of all users of the roadway. Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.