A 32 year-old male from the Craven district, already facing charges in connection with the September 6th robberies of two Regina businesses, is now facing numerous additional charges in connection with a series of auto thefts and commercial robberies. Among them:
- On July 13, 2011, a white 1992 Olds Delta was stolen from the 2200 block Hamilton Street and used in the robbery of a store in the 2100 block of Grant Road;
- On July 16, 2011, a red 1992 Plymouth Sundance was stolen from the 2500 block11th Ave and used in the robbery of a store in the 3000 block 13th Avenue. Patrol units attempted to conduct a traffic stop on the vehicle but it evaded police;
- On July 23, 2011, a blue 1993 Plymouth Voyager van was stolen from the 2700 block of 12th Avenue and used in the robbery of a store in the 4300 block of Dewdney Ave;
- On August 28, 2011, a red 1991 Dodge Spirit was stolen from the 1700 block of Dewdney Ave Eastand used in the robbery of a store in the 1100 block ofNorth Devonshire Blvd;
- On August 31, 2011, a grey 1993 Plymouth Voyager van was stolen from the 5300 block of Boswell Crescent; on September 2nd, police saw the vehicle, with two occupants, and tried to conduct a traffic stop but the driver began to drive dangerously, exceeding speed limits, disobeying traffic lights and traffic signs. The vehicle evaded police.
- On September 2, 2011, a brown 1991 Chrysler Dynasty was stolen from the 900 block of Grey Street;
- On September 6, 2011, a white 1995 Dodge Caravan was stolen from the 3000 block of Gordon Rd and used in the robbery of a store in the 2700 block of Montague Streetand in the robbery of a store in the 500 block ofBroad Street. (The charges in connection with this event were made public in a news release issued on September 9, 2011.)
Investigation into these and other incidents led to charges against a 32 year-old male.
Thirty two year-old Daniel Joseph PAPEQUASH, DOB: 1979-06-29, of the Craven District appeared in court today, Friday, September 16, 2011, on a total of 46 charges in connection with 30 incidents. The charges are mainly related to theft of auto, possession of stolen property, robbery and wearing a disguise with intent to commit an indictable offence.